Wednesday 25 January 2012

Artists: Lana Del Rey, Flowers in Your Hair

 When I was expreimenting with flowers, I kept thinking of Lana Del Rey. A quick google search showed why I associated her with real flowers.

 A controversial icon being talked about for loads of reason(plastic surgery, bad performances, millionaire dad, newly signed model etcc..),but all that drama aside, I think these flower pieces are beautiful. 


 I have tried to find out who made these pieces but everyone seems more interested in other things conntected to her at the moment from what I could find.


The images highlight the beauty of working with real flowers.
 
  There is something timeless about girls wearing flowers in their hair. 
  
 The images encourage me to keep working with real flower material, despite it sometimes challenging nature.


 "If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair"
Scott McKenzie
San Francisco



No comments:

Post a Comment